Union's Got Talent Rules & Regulations
All contestants must submit their signed application and attend the preliminary audition on Friday, September 20, 2019.
No registrations will be accepted after this date.
· First-place winners of UGT 2012-2018 are not eligible to participate in subsequent competitions.
· Contestants of all ages are eligible to audition. Parent/guardian must be present with contestants under the age of 18.
· Contests must live, work or attend school in Union Township. Union High School alumni are eligible to audition for Union's Got Talent.
· If you are auditioning with a group, at least one member of that group must be from Union Township.
· Professional entertainers are not eligible. A professional is anyone whose livelihood is from the type of performance entered in the competition.
· All participants will refrain from throwing anything off the stage during their performance.
· Contestants will respect the facilities: the school auditorium, hallways and classrooms used as dressing spaces.
· Only members of the act or legal parent/guardians will be permitted backstage and in dressing areas.
· All acts will have a 3 1/2 minute time limit. This does not include set up, which is limited to 2 minutes.
· CDs are allowed for accompaniment only. They must consist of only the item being used for the performance. Vocals are limited to background only, no lead vocals allowed. Copies should be provided; CDs will not be returned after the show Lip sync and karaoke are not permitted.
· The following categories will be permitted for performance: singing, dancing, instrumentals, comedy, drama and novelty acts.
· Equipment provided are a piano, CD player and microphone. Contestants must bring everything else.
· A sound system will be provided the evening of the show. All contestants must use this system. Contestants must submit any recordings used for the performance on CD.
· The use of batons, pyrotechnics, dangerous equipment or live animals is prohibited.
· All acts must be appropriate for family and TV audiences.
· All contestants must audition in person at Union High School. No one, even if part of a group, will be allowed to perform in the competition if he/she has not auditioned.
· Any person auditioning must sign a media release form. Parent/guardian must sign the media release form if contestant is under 18.
· The Union's Got Talent Selection Committee will select up to 16 acts. Two alternate acts will be chosen in case of emergency. Finalists must notify selection committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if unable to perform on the day of competition.
· All contestants must perform the same act at both rehearsal and performance, with the same persons, on October 6, 2018, that was performed at the audition.
· Finalists are expected to arrive at the Union High School Theater with all required props, costume pieces and equipment no later than 10 a.m. on October 5, 2018, for the onstage technical rehearsal from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and are expected to arrive at 6 p.m. for the performance.
· Judges will score the finalists on overall talent, showmanship and creativity.
· The show will be judged by a panel of professionals from the performing arts field. The decision of the judges is final.
· All rules will be strictly enforced. Any violations will result in immediate disqualification.
· Please direct all questions to email@example.com
· Show us your talent and have a great time!
At its directions, these rules may be modified at any time without notice by the governing committee of Union's Got Talent. Any changes to the rules will be considered final.
FIRST PRIZE - $1000 SECOND PRIZE - $500 YOUTH PRIZE - $250 PEOPLE'S CHOICE - $250